Sunday, November 17, 2013

One Thing After Another

  It seems sometimes that life is rather boring, but not ours lately.

  First it was our vehicles getting totalled and having to take care of all that.  Then Josiah had to work on the furnace to get it going.  Then it was my washer and dryer and yesterday they got fixed after being broken for a month, but then the furnace stopped working again. I was talking about this to Josiah, and he said at least we have the money right now (insurance money from the vehicles).
  I keep asking why.  I try to not let it stress me out, but sometimes I just do.  Right now it is especially hard with the baby coming any day. I am emotional beyond measure.  I might not show it to people, but on the inside I just cry.  I just want to relax and have this baby and enjoy some time with my family before Josiah has to leave for a year.
  This morning as soon as I woke up I took the time to lay in bed and thank God for everything that I do have.  It did help me feel better.  I know I have SO much, but when life comes at you full force sometimes it is hard to see the good.  But I know God is in control and I want to rest in that.  God knows I am tired and weary and just want to have this baby.  He knows we live in a cold climate.  He knows everything about my family and He cares and is watching over us.
  I am going to go to church this morning and let Him minister to my every need.  I know that I will be encouraged and strengthened by hearing His word preached and by being with my brothers and sisters in Christ.
  Must run and get ready for church.  Thanks for listening.

1 comment:

  1. i love your honesty, jenny. you are not afraid to admit what most christians tend to hide: we are only human and life really can get hard. I can relate to your story in many ways and sometimes, it feels that life will always be in this trial period, but when we stop and think about it, we know that it is not forever but just hard right now. I remember the day I went into labor with David, the fridge broke and we lost most of our food. literally, walking out the door and saying "oh no, the fridge broke!" Right now, things seem to be particularly difficult for a lot of really good people. many different situations, many different good strong christians feel just plain weary and beaten. As I am writing, we are out of propane with no money in the near future to put a drop in the tank. I can't use the stove because of this and the nesco just broke. I am running out of crock pot ideas! But you know what? God is good and we are running by his time, not ours. Last week, we had been heating the house with leftover lumber and were struggling. We were cold and sick! But by God's good grace, we pulled money together for wood. And it is good wood. It burns hot and well and through the night. God's goodness, getting us through. You will get through and you know you will, it is just difficult in those last days of pregnancy, isn't it? You are stronger than you think you are for sure. You are a wonderful mommy and dedicated wife. You shine like the stars . This verse helped me this morning, as I sought hope in God's beautiful word: " Therefore, I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or about your body, what you will wear. Life is more than food,and the body more than clothes. ...O you of little faith. And do not set your heart on what you will eat or drink.do not worry about it. For the pagan world runs after all such things, and your father knows that you need them. But seek his kingdom and these things will be given to you as well. Do not be afraid, little flock, for your father has been pleased to give you the kingdom." luke 12:22-32

    ReplyDelete